TABMA APPRENTICES & TRAINEES
Building careers for life in the timber industry
TABMA Apprentices & Trainees is the largest timber and forestry Group Training Organisation (GTO) in Australia dedicated to building and growing the future of our workforce.
We employ apprentices and trainees in hundreds of vocations within the timber, truss and frame, construction, forestry, furnishing and manufacturing industries across Australia.
Our apprentice and trainee roles are career pathways with diverse opportunities across marketing, sales, management, design, customer service, and more traditional trade roles such as joinery, carpentry, furniture making, frame & truss design/manufacture and timber merchandising.
At TABMA Apprentices & Trainees, we specialise in upskilling and supporting young and ambitious people to create tomorrow’s leaders and to build future careers for life in the timber industry.
Why choose TABMA Apprentices and Trainees?
- TABMA Apprentices & Trainees help young people make a smooth transition from school, unemployment or other employment, to the timber industry workforce with accredited training – we will be with you every step of the way.
- You will be carefully matched to a host employer who is looking for an apprentice or trainee in the trade you have chosen.
- We work closely with training partners across Australia and will help you with your training plan.
- We make sure that our apprentices and trainees are paid correctly for the work they do and look after superannuation, tax and long service leave.
What are the benefits of being a TABMA apprentice or trainee
- Be paid correctly and on time for the work you do.
- Be paid for your annual leave, sick leave and RDOs.
- Have the security of knowing you’re employed by a national employer.
- Have flexibility in working conditions and job rotation so you can be multi-skilled.
- Get hands-on experience, formal training and education – all at the same time.
- Be provided personal protective equipment including work boots.
- Be supported with mentoring and safety training.
- Build confidence and gain new skills in using technology and machinery.
- Receive regular on-site visits from our TABMA Apprentices & Trainees Field Officers.
- TABMA average completion rate is much higher than the average completion rate for apprentices and trainees across Australia.
- Work with a good bunch of people – make friends and be part of the timber community.
I’m interested! What do I do next?
More Info: If you’re a candidate looking for a role, an existing apprentice or trainee wanting to know more about your employment, or a host company interested in providing a new opportunity, visit our TABMA Apprentices & Trainees website for more information: www.tabmaat.com.au
Enquire: Register your interest here for a TABMA apprenticeship or trainee role in the timber industry and kick-start your career today.
Apply: Browse TABMA’s current vacancies here and apply via the individual job advertisement page.
Request a call back: You can send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or FREE CALL 1800 822 621 to have a chat with one of our friendly team.