According to Business Insider Australia, 95% of workers are thinking about quitting their jobs, according to a new survey and the number one reason is burnout!
Burnout was always a reason employees were thinking about quitting, but throughout the pandemic, this has been accelerated.
Earlier this year, PEPworldwide:au (leading productivity consultants) wrote an article on ‘How to prevent employee burnout and employer your team’s performance’.
The article explained that burnout has six root causes:
- An unsustainable workload
- Perceived lack of control
- Insufficient rewards for effort
- The absence of a supportive community
- Lack of fairness
- Mismatched values and skills
The PEPworlwide team has put together 7 tips for managers on how to prevent employee burnout.
- Monitor for signs of employee burnout
- Regular mental health check-in’s
- Reassess priorities and manage workload
- Establish boundaries
- Lead with empathy
- Purpose and autonomy
- Lead by example
To read the article in full and find out more about the 7 tips, please click here.